Friday 23 April 2021

Scene building




This is my next creation for the Altenew Educator Certification Program. This time I have taken inspiration from the Seasonal Scene Building class. This is card I was inspired by the lesson on shaker cards and how they can enhance a scene. I started by masking around the edges of a card blank and then doing some ink blending with 3 shades of blue Altenew crisp dye ink (Dew drops, Aqualicious and Teal cave). 



I don't know about you but shaker cards always make me smile so I wanted a happy sentiment I used a sentiment from the Build - a - flower: Poppy stamp set. I used the fact it is a clear stamp and so flexible to curve the sentiment so it echo's the shape of the flower. I then stamped it straight onto the ink blending I had done.

Next I made a frame using some stitched rectangle dies and stuck it to a piece of acetate. I trimmed the acetate to fit the frame before using two layers of foam tape  to pop the frame up away from the card and give space for the glass seed beads and Wow! Embossing earth sparkles glitter that I wanted to use.


To finish it off and make my scene I wanted to have a flower coming up at the front as if it was growing onto the card. I did something a bit different with this one and mixed up my sets so that the flower had a long stem and I felt a nice shape in the corner. So the stem and leaves are from the Build-a-Flower: Poppy set while the flower itself is from the Build-a-Flower: Hawaiian Coral set. The stem and leaves I left just stamped in the Altenew crisp black ink while for the flower I used just two more colours so that it pops from the blue and they are Pinkalicious and Fresh Lemon.



I hope you are all having a great week and staying safe.

 I am entering this card for the following challenges:

Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Mod squad - Flowers
Paper funday - Spring has sprung
Shopping our stash - Plant life


Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I would love it if you would follow me and leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back.

Huge hugs
Amy xx

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Amy! I love shaker cards too! They are just so HAPPY! I love that you curved your sentiment and stamped it inside the shaker... and leaving the stem/leaves black and white make the blossom stand out! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful card - love that shaker element behind the fabulous flower. The sentiment inside the shaker is a wondeful touch
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great! I dont know why but I would colour an image for hours but not make a shaker card! LOL Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx