Friday 2 April 2021

White space


This is my second card that I am entering for the Altenew Educator Certification Program. This card I created thanks to one of the classes in the Clean and simple boutique cards class. This is a brilliant class. It has made me look at designs differently. This class was about white space and how important it is to give the images and stamping space. The white makes the colours of the flowers stand out more even when using soft pastel colours like these.
I used the beautiful Peony Bouquet stamp set for this card and then embellished it with some hand drawn lines rather than using the outline stamps that are in the set. This makes it more personal and unique. I also hand drew a frame around the edge of the card. I wanted to add a tiny touch of sparkle and I did that with some nuvo drops. They are the only thing that actually stands out on this card. Everything else is just on the one layer and stamped or drawn straight onto the card blank.



I used the following Altenew Crisp Dye inks:
Firefly for the leaves
Dew Drop and Aqualicious for the blue flower
Pink Diamond and Pinkalicious for the pink flower
Soft lilac and Lavender Fields for the berries


I really enjoyed making this card and how quickly and easily it came together. I am feel like after this class I am now looking at a lot of my stamps differently and trying to think if I can do a similar thing with them :)

 I am entering this card for the following challenges:

Crafters cafe - Anything goes
Crafts Galore encore - Anything goes
Daisy chain - Flowers


Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I would love it if you would follow me and leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back.

Huge hugs
Amy xx

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color It, Create It, Show It Off!
    DT Stacey
    www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Amy - love the soft colours and the fabulous composition. White space is so important, yet we so often underestimate the impact it can have!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautifully done!! Looks gorgeous. Love it!
    Thank you for submitting your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous and perfect for our April 2021 challenge. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us. Good luck and please stay safe and healthy.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Color It Create It Show It Off Challenge DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx