Thursday 15 April 2021

For the Guys



I don't know about you but I always struggle a bit to work out cards for the men in my life. This is my next creation for the Altenew Educator Certification Program and it's based on the For the guys class. This class has some great tips for making cards and creations that work well for men. For this I took inspiration from the pop art lesson. Using bright bold colours taking inspiration from the pop art movement. I used a couple of the sentiments from Painted Poppy stamp set. This is a floral stamp set so I just used the big "Happy" stamp and the smaller sentiment "you make me" 

I cut a 4" x 4" square of black card and four 1 and 3/4" x 1 and 3/4" white squares. I lined the happy stamp up in my stamping platform and then stamped it in the following Altenew Crisp dye inks:


Yellow: Maple Yellow

Green: Grass Field

Blue: Aqualicious

Red: Crimson

I stamped a different colour on each white square. By using the stamp platform I was able to make sure they were all in the same place on the squares. I used another new tip from the Clean and Simple Boutique cards class and hand drew some lines around each of the "Happy" words to act as a bit of a shadow and make them stand out a bit more.



I moved the order of the coloured hello squares until I was happy that the colours balanced. I spaced them all out equally within the black square so that they have an even border around them. 

Then to finish it off I added a mix of 3 different Nuvo drops in matching colours to the inks which give a bit of texture and interest to the card.

I hope you are all having a great week and staying safe.
 I am entering this card for the following challenges:

Watercooler wednesday - All things masculine
Crafty creations - Anything goes
Pammy's inky pinkies - Anything goes
Get creative challenges - Anything goes


Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I would love it if you would follow me and leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back.

Huge hugs
Amy xx

6 comments:

  1. What a fun card, love the colourful sentiments, thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love so much about this! It is clean, simple, yet so vibrant at the same time! The words just pop off the page! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card design! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Get Creative.
    DT Stacey
    www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card! I like the shadow that you added. It does give a lot of dimension to the project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice.
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's.
    Greetings Geesje

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx