Thursday 15 April 2021

Daring to die cut :D

  

This is my next creation for the Altenew Educator Certification Program. I really can not recommend this program enough. I am learning so much with each and every class that I can transfer to all my card making and I am only half way through level 1 of a possible 3 so far!

 This time I have taken inspiration from the Easy die cutting techniques class. I combined the learning from a couple of the lessons for this one. I decided rather than using the dies to cut around the images in the traditional way I would do a bit of an inlay technique. I think this gives some great dimension to the card.  


For this card I started with a 5'x5' card base then cut a white panel of card 4 3/4' x 4 3/4' I took the outline dies from the Altenew Build-A-Flower: Dahlia set and arranged them across the white square of card where I thought they would look nice. I actually used a piece of scrap paper first and drew around the dies when I put them on the paper as you need to use the dies more than once and I wanted to be sure I spaced them kind of equally around the card. 


When the layout was sorted I cut all the shapes out. This gave me a sort of template for where I wanted to do my stamping. I put the card with the shapes centred on my card base and then used a pencil to draw around where the shapes would be on the card.

Next I had to pick my ink colours. I went for a green and pink colour combination using the following Altenew crisp dye inks:

Pinks: Pink Diamond, Rubellite
Greens: Firefly, Grass Field

The pencil lines showed me exactly where I needed to stamp the coordinating flowers and leaves so I could stamp all my layers easily. I added foam to the back of the white square of card that has the shapes cut out of it and lined it up over the now stamped flowers and leaves so they could be seen. 
To finish I used the direct to paper technique with the Pink Diamond ink to make a strip of perfectly matching paper to layer the white strip with this brilliant sentiment that is also in the same stamp set. I wanted to tie a bit of the green back into the sentiment so I stamped it in the Firefly crisp dye ink and also used that ink just on the edges of the white strip. 

For a final touch I added a load of sparkly nuvo drops to give texture and shine.

I hope you are all having a great week and staying safe.
 I am entering this card for the following challenges:

Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Crafty Gals corner - Spring/easter
Creative moments - Anything goes
Paper funday - Spring
Ike's world - Spring
Shopping our stash - Plant life

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I would love it if you would follow me and leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back.

Huge hugs
Amy xx

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is fabulous! I love how you die-cut the flowers and then stamped the panel behind them! So clever! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love the colors and design. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Thank you for joining our Creative Moments challenge. Looking forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This requires some thinking. Too much thinking! LOL Turned out great, Amy! Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining The Paper Funday Challenges
    We love having your creation on our blog 🥰!
    Marci - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning and a wonderful creation using building flower stamps and dies :) :) Thank you for joining us at IKEsWORLD this month. Hugs Mimi xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to stop in and say your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx