Friday 16 April 2021

Fun with ink :D



 

This is my next card I have made for the Altenew Educator Certification Program. I am so please with the way these lessons push me outside of my comfort zone. This card I made inspired by the Easy Ink Blending Techniques course. These colours are definitely not my go to colours but one of the first classes is about doing a nice blend with Altenew crisp dye inks and the example card totally inspired me to give this a go. I was also inspired by a later lesson in the class to add some more texture and depth to the ink blend. 

This card is the result and I am so happy with the way it looks :D 

I started by blending straight onto my card blank. I used 3 colours of crisp dye ink (Bamboo, olive and Moss) to have a bit of an Ombre effect but then also picked up ink on my brush and dabbed the darker colours randomly across the section I had inked to give a dappled feel rather than a completely smooth blend. 

The flowers and leaves are all from the Vintage Roses stamp set and I stamped the flowers in the oranges that are in the Warm & cozy ink set. Then went wild for me and did the leaves yellow using Fresh Lemon and Honey Drizzle crisp dye inks.

I laid them all out across the left side of my card to work out where I wanted them and then used a piece of press and seal to hold them all in place for me to be able to stick them down. I popped a few of the roses at the front up on foam pads to add a bit of depth. Lastly I used the sentiment that comes with the set and stamped it in some grey versa fine ink before adding some sparkle and texture with some nuvo drops.

I hope you are all having a great week and staying safe.
 I am entering this card for the following challenges:

Creative moments - Anything goes
Shopping our stash - Plant life
613 Avenue create - In the garden
Corrosive challenge - Anything goes

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I would love it if you would follow me and leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back.

Huge hugs
Amy xx



3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! Orange is not my go to color, but I love this color combination! It is so soft and dreamy. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is beautiful! This is just perfect. Looks so good.
    Thank you for submitting your beautiful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx