Sunday 11 April 2021

Irresistible Inking

This is my next card that I am submitting for the Altenew Educator Certification Program. I really enjoyed this one putting together a few of the classes homework tasks in the Irrisitible Inking class to make this card. I used my Altenew Crisp dye inks in ways that are new to me.

The Altenew crisp dye inks that I used for this card were:
Blue: Dew Drops 
Pinks: Pinkalicious and Rubellite
Green: Fire fly

There were quite a few steps in this card.  I took the ink pad straight to the paper for the backing. Next I stamped and embossed with white Wow! embossing powder some of the little flowers in the Peony bouquet stamp set using just the outline stamp. I use pink Crisp dye inks to watercolour the flowers. I also used the watercolour brush to flick more of pink ink over the back ground to give it interest. Then inked around the edge of the stamped panel with the darker shade of pink to make it stand out more from the blue.  


I did the same ink to paper technique to make some pink card that would perfectly match my water colouring before trying another tip from the class which was brayering. I haven't done any brayering before with inks like this and I love the effect it gives. The piece that has the sentiment on it has been brayered with the same blue crisp dye ink as the first panel but the brayer gives it texture where the first piece that I took the ink pad straight to the paper for has a much flatter colour. 
The beautiful central flower has been made by stamping just a couple of the layers from the peony bouquet stamp set fussy cutting them and decoupaging the center of the flower up to give it some more depth. 



As a final touch I added some sparkle by scattering some nuvo drops around where I thought they looked nice.

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend and staying safe.
 I am entering this card for the following challenges:

Challenge Up Your Life - be inspired by the mood board

Gem of a challenge - Anything goes
Catch the bug - Anything goes
Crafters Castle - Anything goes


Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I would love it if you would follow me and leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back.

Huge hugs
Amy xx

5 comments:

  1. I love everything about this! The color combo is outstanding! I am so intrigued by the decoupage on your center image! I have some mod podge sitting around, so I think I need to try that! Excellent job and thank you for the inspiration! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours and great details! Thank you for sharing and submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Love this special project!
    Thank you for joining Catch the Bug!
    Hugs from Africa!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you popped up the rose, great card! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's anything goes challenge, good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx