Tuesday 27 April 2021

Let it shine


This is my last creation for the Altenew Educator Certification Program level 1 before my final challenge (as long as this card is good enough to pass for this class). This time I have taken inspiration from the Let it shine class . I really thought this would be the first class that I made something for as I love adding shine and sparkle to my projects, but I was so inspired by all the classes that I got caught up in them and making loads and playing with new techniques that I am amazed to say this has ended up being the 10th class of the 10 for level 1 for me.

There are so many fun ways to add shine and sparkle to your cards and for this card I have used the lessons on using foil embossing and glitter as my inspiration. After all why stop at one type of sparkle??




I started by using a ruler and drawing around my card blank with a fine liner. I knew I wanted the card itself to be quite clean and simple so the sparkle and shine stands out. I thought this would be a nice way to frame my piece without adding texture or bulk. Next I took some stix2 double sided tape and put three lines of it across the bottom of the card going about 1/3 of the way up the card and making sure I spaced the lines equally. Next one at a time I added some of the beautiful green Stix2 foil from the Celebration set to each piece of tape. By the way be ready to see a lot more foil on my projects as this is a beautiful look! 



The stamp set that I went for is an older set but it is new to me and is called Beautiful Day. I fell in love with the flower and those leaves. I knew right away that I wanted to use just the block leaf stencil and emboss them with Wow! gold embossing powder. I love the way this gives both shine and texture to the leaves. For the flower I stamped the outline in Altenew crisp black ink and then stamped two of the layers in Puffy Heart and then Magenta Altenew crisp dye inks. I cut everything out with the coordinating dies and attached the leaves flat onto the card base but popped the flower up on some foam pads. The sentiment is also from this stamp set and I think it is just perfect to cheer someone up.



Two types of sparkle was not quite enough for me and of course I had to use some Nuvo drops this time as well as scattering a few across the card I also used the same ones in the centre of the flower to add a bit of sparkle to that too. 

I hope you are all having a great week and staying safe.
 I am entering this card for the following challenges:

Crafty Sentiments - Anything goes
Crafting Happiness - Anything goes with option of bright colours

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I would love it if you would follow me and leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back.

Huge hugs
Amy xx





6 comments:

  1. Beautifully coloured flower and those gold leaves really add a touch of luxury to your card.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh whata a stunner Amy - this is amazing - love it! Your use of the foiling is amazing
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous! I love the foil stripes and the bold gold leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for our Challenge!
    So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges.
    Stay safe and well.
    Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, Amy! Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx