Thursday 22 April 2021

Having fun with stencils :D


 This is my next creation for the Altenew Educator Certification Program. This time I have taken inspiration from the Celebration: Stencil techniques class I was so inspired by the many ways that the stencils were used. I thought I would challenge myself to use an Altenew stencil that I have in a way I had not thought of before. I used the graffiti scribble stencil and decided I wanted to try and make it seem a bit more like foliage for a background on a card. 

I started by ink blending a background on some water colour card stock. I used the following Altenew crisp dye inks for my card:

Blue: Dew drops, Aqualicious

Green: Firefly, Parrot

Pink: Blush, Puffy Heart, Magenta

Yellow: Fresh Lemon, Honey drizzle


To add even more depth and this is also part of one of the other lessons in this amazing class, I inked over a portion of the stencil as well on top of the kind of ink smooshed background this gives the revers affect of using the stencil to print with as I really like how it ended up looking. I only did this inking over the stencil in the bottom left where I knew I wanted to put my flower so it gave a bit more green colouring there.


I decided to go for the biggest flower that I have for this card and it is a set that I was a bit worried about using as the flower is so big but I think it really was just what this background needed. I can't wait to use this Build-a-Flower: Peony stamp set again as it is just such a statement flower.


The sentiment comes with the stamp set and just to finish this card off I sprinkled some Nuvo drops over it.

I hope you are all having a great week and staying safe.
 I am entering this card for the following challenges:

Crafty Creations - Anything goes
Mod squad - Flowers
Paper funday - Spring has sprung
Shopping our stash - Plant life

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I would love it if you would follow me and leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back.

Huge hugs
Amy xx

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Just wow! Looking at your first photo, and comparing the stencil to the card, I was trying to figure out how you had used it. I LOVE that you created foliage from the scribbles! It is amazing! Well done! ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful!
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous background Amy, and the stunning peony is perfect over it
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The background is amazing, thanks for the details, you've inspired me to try it.Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx