Monday 12 April 2021

A monochrome moment

 

 This is my next creation for the Altenew Educator Certification Program. This time I have taken inspiration from the All about layering 2 class. As you will see if you click the link this class is free to do so you can see what the Academy classes are like and how much fun they are for yourself :)

In this class it talks about extending the use of the little stamps in a set. I love the range of leaves that are in the Vintage roses stamp set and felt very inspired to make them as a background. I am so pleased with the way this turned out. I would normally want to add more to this but I resisted the urge to add flowers and decided to let these little stamps have all the lime light for a change.



I used two colours of Altenew's green crisp dye inks (Frayed leaf and Forest green) to create this card. For the sentiment I felt black would be too harsh so I used Smokey Grey versa fine ink. I hand drew borders around the card base and the sentiment strip with a grey fine liner pen.


I thought it needed just a little something more so I also added in some nuvo drops for sparkle and shine and popped the sentiment up with some foam tape. 

I hope you are all ready for your week and staying safe.

 I am entering this card for the following challenges:

613 avenue create - Anything goes with an in the garden optional twist
We love chocolate baroque - Spring (what is more spring than new green leaves?? :) )



Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I would love it if you would follow me and leave me a link to your blog so I can follow you back.

Huge hugs
Amy xx

7 comments:

  1. A lovely design with great stamps and colours. Thank you for joining our 'Springtime' challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty subtle and understated mono creation, many thanks for joining in our 'Springtime' theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely make and I'm loving those tones of green, a beautiful aniversary card. Many thanks for joining us at We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely lovely! I love that you used leaves from the rose set. In a non-traditional way! They make a perfect background! Well done! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so soothing! Thanks for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the soft colors! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge.  Please join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx