Saturday 24 August 2019

Hello sunshine!

Wow! the weather here in the UK is amazing today. I can't believe it is a bank holiday weekend and there is actually sun :D
I hope you are all having a good weekend.

I got some time to craft and have been playing with some of the newest Heffy Doodle release. I am loving this "Hello" die. I couldn't resist the "You're weird" stamp set when I saw it and the moon and this little cutie were just calling out to be coloured. I coloured the moon and the little space critter with Spectrum Noir tri-blend markers. I have to say they are a lot easier to carry a set of around than the spectrum noir illustrators.  
I used the following markers for this make:
Moon -  Brown Grey
Critter - Ice Grey and blue turquoise. 


For the background I used 3 distress oxides, Tumbled glass, Peacock feathers and Chipped sapphire. I spritzed them and then added some dots of sparkle with a wink of stella brush pen. Then I mounted that on some navy blue card. The Hello I cut twice, once in white and then in the navy blue. The white die cut I added some more distress oxides to. I used Squeezed lemonade and fosilized amber to give it some colour, and then layered the inked one on top of the navy one slightly off center so that it looks like a shadow. I also added a touch of wink of stella to it for that bit more sparkle. For the finishing touch I put the little space critter on an action wobble so he moves around :D

I am entering this card for the following challenges:
Colour crazy challenge - Anything goes
Aud sentiment - Masculine and a sentiment

I was going to throw the left overs from the navy blue Hello die away when I got inspired by the weather to make this next card. I used some white card that I again added some sqeezed lemonade distress oxide to just so it isn't such a bright white and has a bit of texture. Then I stuck the negative image of the Hello to it. Using a white pen I added some dots around the word and a frame. The back ground I went for 3 distress oxides ( squeezed lemonade, mustard seed and spiced marmalade) to ink through the "rays the roof" stencil. I finished the sentiment by using part of one of the sentiment in the "Quack me up" stamp set stamped in chipped sapphire distress oxide. The Hello sentiment I put on with foam pads so it stands out a bit from the rest of the card.
I hope you like both my creations and follow my little blog.

I am entering this card for the following challenges:
Alphabet challenge - K is for Kind thoughts
CAS on Friday - Use a stencil

7 comments:

  1. How adorable is the little moon creature - very cute. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Colour Crazy Craft Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love action wobbles! This is adorable. Thanks for joining us on Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are just fabulous Amy! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Darlene
    ALPHABET CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Love the die and the moon creature. I'm so glad you joined us this week at Colour Crazy Challenges. I hope to see you again next week. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards. Thank you for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, and hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love both of your cards, wonderful colours and designs.
    Hugs
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of a stencil! Nice! Thanks for joining CAS on Friday! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx