Saturday 10 June 2023

Fairy summery review

I have something a bit different to share today. It is time for another Sweet November Stamps review ahead of an adorable clear stamp release that will be out next weekend. I have used the Fairy hair stamps from last years release and sublimated my copic coloured image to make a coaster!

I did this by first colouring my chosen fairy and fussy cutting around her so there was no white outline.

I used the following copics to colour this pretty fairy:

Skin: E33, E11, E00

Hair: RV66, RV55, RV63

Top: G09, YG05

Skirt: Y11

Wings: B02, B00

Butterflies and ladybird: Y38, Y15


Next I scanned her into my computer. 

NOTE: I added glossy accents to her wings and the lady bird before I scanned her...DO NOT do that. Learn from my mistakes. The glossy accents even though I had left it for a couple of days to dry did stick to the window of my scanner! I was originally just going to use her for a card or I would not have added the glossy accents and thankfully they have come off of the scanner but don't give yourself that extra work lol. 

Then I found a nice cloudy sky background and some pretty daisy flowers on creative fabrica and went to work putting them all together a way I liked in photoshop. I got 9cm sublimation coasters so I set my images to be in a 9.5cm square just to make sure the image went all the way to the edges of the coaster.

Next step is printing the new square image out on my sublimation printer and then using my Cricut heat press to sublimate the coaster (cook the ink into surface the coaster). For these coasters I set the heat to 200 and pressed them for 50 seconds.

I am very happy with this result and also I did check with the lovely ladies at Sweet November Stamps first to confirm I was allowed to use their images in this way. This may be different for other companies so please always check with them first if you are going to do this kind of project.

I now have a load of ideas for other projects so watch this space :D

If you would like me to do more about sublimating just let me know and I can go into more detail/ do my posts and videos about it.

Be sure to check back on my blog later for a sneak peek of the new clear stamp release that will be available next weekend (17th June 2023).

I am entering this coaster for the following challenges:

Crafty Fingers - Anything Goes

LeighSB Designs - Anything Goes

Patties creations - Anything Goes

Paper dragonfly creative - Anything Flies

Creative Inspirations - Anything Goes

Ellibelle's crafty Wednesday - Anything Goes

Little red wagon - Things that fly

Crafty Addicts - Anything Goes

Unicorn challenge - Fantasy

Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my blog.

Huge hugs

Amy xx


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT - Val, Nan, Leigh x
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use of the image Amy - I had not heard of that technique, but it certainly makes for a gorgeous coaster
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very sweet!!
    Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous little fairy with such fabulous pink hair!
    Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges this month! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this coaster - but it's too nice to put a drink on! Thanks for the tips about glossy accents and the scanner too. Thanks for sharing with us in our challenge at Patties Creations - Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx