Wednesday 15 June 2022

Feeling zen

 This is the first class that I am completing towards level 3 of the Altenew Educators Certification Programme (AECP)

I have been looking at zentangle from afar for ages so this Zentangle for card makers class seemed like the perfect chance to learn about it. 

I have had so much fun. I never knew there are set designs to use when zentangling known as tangles. I always thought that you just completely made them up. It was so nice to have some designs to learn and use which I could then make some of my own to go with once I felt more confident. These are some of my practice tangles based on the tangles that I learned during the course.


Some felt easier than others to me and I am sure I will get better at them all the more I do. It is fun learning 😀

For this card I used the trigonometry die set. I traced around the dies to create the shapes to tangle in. I was inspired by a card that the awesome teacher Amber Davis made in the class using the trendy circles stamp set. 


I wanted to keep the colours limited so that the tangles were the main focus. I used Altenew artist alcohol markers Frayed Leaf (G702), Forest Glade (G715),Ocean Waves (B201), Dusk (B313) and a pencil to add some shading and depth. You can get all of these Artist markers and more in the Artist Alcohol Markers set A.
 

For my tangling I used Fine liner pen set from Altenew in size 01 and for the thicker line on the main triangle I outlined the border and then used the Brush marker in the fine liner set to fill it in.


I originally traced the triangles in a formation flat on a panel and tangled on them intending to just add the whole panel to the front of the card base but changed my mind and cut them out so I could pop them up on foam pads to give extra dimension. 


I am entering this card for the following challenges:
Use your stuff - Triangle
Crafty Calendar - Anything Goes
Less is More - CAS masculine
Dare 2B Artzy - Anything Goes


I had so much fun making this card I also made a second card for this class that I wanted to show you.
For this card I again used the Altenew fine liner 01 size for my tangling but this time I left my tangles black and white. I added my shading with pencil and blended out with a blending stump. 
I started by creating the swirl on my card panel using the Illusion Twist stencil and then ink blending with Frosty Pink, Coral Berry and Ruby Red crisp dye inks. Again this card was inspired by another card created during the class and it made me look at all my stencils in a different way. 


To finish the card off I cut down the stencilled panel to just be a strip on the edge of my card and layered that on some black card. I cut a further piece of black card to heat emboss, with Wow white embossing powder, the "Thank You" sentiment from the Wonder Clusters stamp set.
Finally I added some Black board vintage nuvo drops to add a bit more texture to the card.


I am going to enter this card for the following challenges:

Crafting Happiness - Anything Goes
Pammie's Inky Pinkies - Anything Goes
Corrosive challenge - Anything Goes

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Huge hugs

Amy xx

12 comments:

  1. Yay, You for learning something new and using your skill so wonderfully. I love both of your cards. Your tangles are wonderful and I have learned something from your great post. Now I am curious. Thanks for sharing your wonderful new craft with us at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great 'tangling' Amy and a pair of stunning cards with your tangles on - well done!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find zentagles relaxing and meditative. Wonderful use on the cards. Thank you for sharing your triangular creation with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards lovely tangling, hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards - the geometric one really stands out, and your tangling is great. You may want to check out my blog - I have created loads of free step-by-step tangle patterns (perfectly4med.co.uk). Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, the Zentangling is fabulous! Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous trio of cards. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry, and we hope to see you again.

    Donna from Creative Pixie Designs
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our USE YOUR STUFF challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    This is such a lovely idea.
    Thank you for sharing your card crafting skills with us at the ATG challenge for Through the Craft Room Door. TTCRD.blogspot.com
    I look forward to seeing many more of your challenges.
    With kind regards
    Sue TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are some amazing cards!! Thank you for submitting your gorgeous work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx