Friday 24 June 2022

Transcending Tattoos

I have had a great time doing the amazing Transcending Tattoo Techniques class by Jaycee Gasper. I have loved tattoo art for a long time and finding out more about the various styles and looking at them with the view to transfer them to cards was very exciting for me :)

I was inspired by all of the lessons but the Trash Polka / mixed media one posed me a challenge as I am not really very good at just going with the flow so I wanted to give it a go. For this style I wanted to keep the colour pallet to just red black and white. I knew I needed a big bold image as the focal point so went for the Build-a-flower Camellia stamp set

I stamped out the outline layer in black and then I used just the second layer with Crimson crisp dye ink to add some red to it. I did not want to do the standard look and so changed it up by masking off half of the flower using Heffy Doodle memo tape before adding the crimson layer. I think this adds more interest and makes the red a real pop of colour.



Next I moved onto the back ground. I inked through the Broken Chevrons stencil with Jet black crisp dye ink keeping it kind of over to the left bottom two thirds of the card. 

To add more texture and interest I then used crackling campfire Distress spray stain to flick across the back ground and add in some more of the red. 

I stamped some of the leaves from the Camellia stamp set in black to mount behind the big flower to give it a bit more dimension. For the sentiment the one in the Camellia set looked perfect for me and I stamped it straight onto the card blank on top of the stencilling using my stamping platform so I could stamp it a few times and make sure it was really crisp and black to stand out from the stencilling.

I popped the flower up on some black foam pads before adding the final touch with some Black Board vintage nuvo drops.


I am really happy with how this turned out as it was quite a step outside of my comfort zone and I think it has worked well and it has inspired me to do more. This card has been made to go towards my Altenew Educator Certification Program (AECP) level 3 I have a few more classes to go before my final assessment which will be a class. So if you would like to find out when I am am going to run my class and maybe join in with it please follow me so that you can see my future posts :)


I am going to enter this card for the following challenges:

Crafty Gals corner - Anything Goes
Paper funday challenges - Anything Goes with option of masculine
Crafting happiness - Anything Goes

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Huge hugs

Amy xx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Pretty design. Thank you for joining us this month at Crafty Gals Corner. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card design and interesting technique. Thanks for participating in our challenge at The Paper Funday. Best of Luck in the Draw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you held back a bit :) I know it seems a bit daunting, but that is where the fun is. If you try this again the next time, let it go as Jayce did. You will be amazed!! Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here I am back again wearing a different hat. The card is very pretty and lovely details. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx