Friday 24 June 2022

Runway inspiration

I know that I have said this about almost every class I have done for the Altenew Educator Certification Program (AECP) but I really did LOVE this one. It has given me an idea as well to start an inspiration station so that I can share my inspiration with you all and maybe it can be something for you to be able to dip into as and when you want some inspiration so stay tuned for more on that if it sounds interesting to you :D

This class is called Runway inspired card making and is by the super talented Jennifer Rzasa. As the title suggests it is all about how to use fashion as inspiration for your cards. I have had so much fun looking through Pinterest for fashion looks to adapt into cards. I have sooooooo many ideas!

For the first one I used this stunning garment by Carolina Herrera from New York Fashion Week Spring 2020 click on the image to go to where I found this photo on livingly.com 

(Spring 2020 - Source: ImaxTree)


From this I took the inspiration of the way the flowers are scattered across it and there are more clustered that then thin out. I also wanted to try and stick to the colours used of the blue, green and white. 

I drew out a very rough sketch of what I wanted to do. Sorry my sketch and scribbles are very messy lol

As you can see I also added an idea for what stamp set I wanted to use. I like the way that the vintage roses stamps have a range of sizes of roses and leaves as I thought that would fit well with my inspiration.

So after deciding on my stamp set to use I picked some blue and green inks. I went for Limeade and lime for my greens and Caribbean Sky, Persian Blue and Sapphire.

Then I went about stamping a load of roses and leaves out. 

As you can see I tried stamping some white flowers too using some Morning frost and Evening Gray inks but I didn't think it would fit and I also decided against doing any layers for the leaves and decided to just use the Limeade ink for the leaves as that fits better with the inspiration I am using. I then die cut everything out and I will save those ones I am not going to use in the stamp packet so they are ready for another project later.


Then I started laying the roses and leaves onto the card blank until I was happy with the way they looked. 

Then I used some press and seal to pick them all up and keep them in that layout while I glued them all.



I wanted to add a sentiment without taking away from the feel of this card so I used the stitched strips of ease by Heffy Doodle to die cut a strip and then stamped a sentiment from the Inky Bouquet stamp set in Persian Blue ink so it matches the roses.

Finally for this card I wanted to add some more touches of white still so I used some Simply White nuvo drops scattered around the card which also added a nice touch of dimension.


I am so happy with the way this card turned out so I hope it has inspired you.



I am going to enter this card for the following challenges:

Crafty Gals corner - Anything Goes
Crafting happiness - Anything Goes

As you may have guessed I also have a second fashion inspired card for you today. For this next card I have combined two different pieces of clothing. The first thing that grabbed me was this fun dress from Pintelstore.com click on the image to go to the store.


I love that curve that runs down the dress and the fun colour pops so I am going to use the colours of pink, red, green, purple and yellow. Plus I will transfer that curve onto the card as well.
My second inspiration for this card comes from elle.com and these trousers that were from the Chloé Spring 2013 Ready-to-Wear show. Click the image to go to the original Pinterest pin where I found this image.


I like the way that there is texture on half of the trousers and keeping it all in the same colour. So I am going to use that on my card.
Again I did a little messy sketch of what I wanted to create.



Again I am going to be using the Vintage roses stamp and die set but this time I am picking just one of the roses and doing it in five different colour ways.


To start with I got the slimline scenery die from Heffy Doodle to create that curve on some white paper. Next I die cut a lot of the leaf clusters from the vintage rose dies out of the same white card so that I could create that tone of tone texture effect that the trousers have. I laid the die cut leaves all over the curved section and then stuck them all down and trimmed any that over hung the edges of it.
I stuck the curved section onto my 5x7 card blank then found the rose stamp that I wanted to use and I used the following inks for them:


For the sentiment I used another sentiment from the Inky Bouquet stamp set in jet black ink.


I spaced the roses down along the curve in the same way that the buttons run along the curve on the dress in my inspiration photo.


I think these two inspiration photos although they look very different from each other have really worked well together for this card.

I am going to enter this card for the following challenges:

Fab and funky - Summer colours
As you like it - I have gone feminine I do love making cute and pretty cards that tend to be more girly
Cardz4gals - Die cuts or punches

These cards have been made to go towards my Altenew Educator Certification Program (AECP) level 3 I have a few more classes to go before my final assessment which will be a class. So if you would like to find out when I am am going to run my class and maybe join in with it please follow me so that you can see my future posts :)
Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Huge hugs

Amy xx


7 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card ,thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Galz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely design. Love that you have shown us the process. Thank you for joining us this month at Crafty Gals Corner. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, gorgeous colours, thanks for sharing at Fab’n’Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, girly cards! Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these cards are so pretty. Using press and seal to keep everything in its proper place while adhering is so smart. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards!! I know how inspiring clothes can be!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it was 50/50 but I can't argue with your choice when you make something this fabulous! Thanks for joining us at AYLI. Hugs Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx