Wednesday 5 July 2023

Die cutting First Edition craft Vinyl


I have another Christmas in July inspired make for you today. This time I am showcasing the mat-less vinyl from DRK Crafts. I got sent some to play with and used the white, silver and blue to create the tea light holder using a cheap glass I got from the supermarket. And I also upcycled a glass jar that had cooking sauce in it to make a vase. Rather than using a cutting machine as I have not got mine on hand at the moment I used my dies (I used the snowflakes from the falalala Time for tea dies) and die cutting machine to create these.


This is what I learned from die cutting these snowflakes.....

It die cuts easily and it gives a great option for those that don't have an expensive cutting machine. However getting the little unwanted bit out of the dies before you can use them again is a bit annoying and time consuming. Plus you generally can't use the transfer film as the cut shapes can lift with the dies so do not stay on the backing sheet with this method. So the weeding process is harder and of course you need to cut repeated times as can only cut as many as you have the dies for each time. All in all I would prefer to do this sort of project with a cutting machine but am pleased with the results so I hope you like it too.


The glass tealight holder has a fake candle in it and the glass itself was 50p in ASDA. 
The "vase" is as you can see a recycled curry sauce jar. 


I really enjoyed using this First Edition matless vinyl and can not wait to use it with a cutting machine but this showed me that there are so many more options for how it can be used.

I am entering these makes for the following challenges:
The crafty addicts - Anything Goes
Crafting from the heart - Anything but a card goes
Crafting Happiness - Anything Goes
Pearly Sparkles - Christmas in July

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog.
Huge hugs
Amy xx

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the 'heads up' about using dies not a cutting machine Amy, even if it was somewhat time consuming. Wonderful results though - those are so pretty
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great upcycling and love the snowflakes.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
    The Crafty Addicts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and so pretty!
    Dt. Crafting from the Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you did with your die cuts looks great on the glass. Thanks for sharing with us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge. Anita DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx