Sunday 24 July 2022

Stretch your stamps and use them with shrink plastic

 


This is such a fun and easy thing to do which stretches your stamps. You can use them with shrink plastic to make little charms which can then be added to jewellery or key rings etc. 
To create this bracelet and earrings set I stamped the super cute Merwees set 2 onto some frosted shrink plastic using Kraftin' Kimmies hybrid ink. I let that dry before then using coloured pencils to colour the mermaids on the rough side of the shrink plastic.  


Next I cut them out making a round bit above them so I could make a hole to be able to attach a jump ring (a little circle of metal wire) to so it can be fixed onto my bracelet or whatever I want.

Lastly you need to use your heat gun to shrink the plastic down. The plastic will shrivel up and fold in all kinds of ways so it is good to have a stamping block to hand the flatten it with when it has stopped shrinking. Another tip to stop the little image flying away when you blast it with a heat gun use tweezers or a pokey tool to put through the hole and hold the image in one spot on your heat mat as you heat it. Then just put the jump ring through the hole and you are good to go.


I am going to enter this card for the following challenges:

Corrosive challenge - Anything Goes
Di's Digi Designs - Anything but a card
We love 2 create - Anything mixed media goes

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Huge hugs

Amy xx

5 comments:

  1. It's years since i used shrink plastic Amy - thanks for reminding me of it, and inspiring me to use it with this fabulous set of charms on the bracelet and earrings
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea Amy. I haven't used shrink plastic for years - might have to get some and have a play myself. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I've never used shrink plastic before. Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Challenge! We hope you join us again in the future! Nancee, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Di’s Digi Challenge:)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx