Monday 11 February 2019

I am so in love with Heffy Doodle

Hi everyone,
Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my little blog. I had to take a break from crafting for a bit as life got a bit manic but now I am back and ready to go again :)
I hope you are all well and enjoyed the weekend as much as I did.
I was lucky enough to get some proper crafting time this weekend. In fact my mum even came soon to join me and we crafted for most of the day. It was heaven!

I recently found this super cute company called Heffy Doodle. If you haven't seen them yet you are just about to and there will be plenty more to come on my blog as I am more than a little addicted to them already. You can get your hands on a range of their stamps, dies and stencils in my online shop so I will add links to everything I have used to make these cards in case you want to grab them.

Ok enough talking time for the cards.........

This card was the first one of this set I made using the Wingman stamp set. I am just as nutty about parrots as I am about frogs so I NEEDED this set as soon as I saw it!
I have used the Heffy doodle UnbeLEAFable stencil and shabby shutters distress ink to make the leaf print in the background. The sentiment and main stamp are from the Wingman stamp set and then I coloured him and his perch with the following spectrum noir illustrator markers:
Perch: TN7, EB2 and IG3
Beak:GY3, CT4
Body: TB4, TB3, TB1

For that extra little something I added some Lemon twist glossy accents scattered around.

I am entering this card for the following challenges:
613 avenue challenge - Anything Goes
International Art and soul - Make your own background
A perfect time to craft - Anything goes


This second card I wanted to make the same stamp look a little different. So this time I used the other stamps and made a background by stamping them randomly all over it in memento tuxedo black.
Stamped the sentiment which is again also in the Wingman stamp set and layered it up on some black card. The main parrot I coloured using Lemon twist glossy accents for its beak,
and then a mix of Nuvo glitter drops to give its feathers some sparkle. I popped it up from the card using some foam pads and then coloured the perch with spectrum noir illustrators TN7 and EB2.

I am entering this card for the following challenges:
Pile it on - Pretty in pink
Stamping sensation - All things bright and beautiful



6 comments:

  1. Two really great cards with totally different looks by changing the depth of backgrund colour and addition of sparkle on the second birdie.

    Thanks so much for joining in our 'All things Bright and BEAUtiful' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love the stencil behind the image which is cute too. But I really do love the second card and your fabulous background. Thanks for sharing at LPCF this week. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards, the parrot is so cute

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are wonderful & cheery!  Thank you for joining our make your own background challenge at International Art & Soul. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute - love this colorful parrot! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards!
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx