Sunday 27 March 2022

AECP level 1 final challenge for level 1 - Part 2

 





Hello again you lovely people :)



Thank you so much for taking the time to come and see my blog. I am so happy to say that I am now getting around to completing my final challenge for the Altenew Educators Certification Program (AECP). This is a long blog so I have split it into two, showing 2 cards from each set in each post so to see the first two cards from each set please see my previous post and in this post I will also show the packaging I created for each set.

To recap. For my final challenge I have been asked to....

- Create a his (masculine) and a hers (feminine) set of cards. Each set should have 4-6 cards in the set.

- I needed to select 3 components from all of the amazing classes I did in level 1 to influence my card sets.


- Both sets should have a similar and cohesive theme but not be replicas of each other.

- Create the packaging for each set.

- Use something recycled within the sets.



Moving onto card number 3 for both sets, I decided to use one of the mini stamps and went for raining hearts. This video shows you how I made the cards.










For the feminine card version I used Puffy Heart and Rose Quartz inks and scattered the nuvo drops rather than having them evenly lined up. I also changed up the layout.






For the last card in each set I created my own background using the Love you so mush stamp set. I started by stamping the largest mushrooms. I did my backgrounds in the lightest ink colours so for the masculine set I used Sand Dunes and the feminine one I used Rose Quartz.




Then added in some of the smaller mushrooms.


Before filling in with the smallest heart stamps.




TOP TIP: When creating a background pattern start with your largest stamps first and don't be afraid to go over the edges of your card.


After that I created a two tone rectangle for my sentiment to sit on. For the feminine one I used Rose Quartz and then Puffy heart inks. For the masculine one I used Dew Drops and then Aqualicious ink.
To get this effect I took the ink pads direct to the card swiping them across the card where I wanted them.



My sentiments for this card I used the thanks from the halftone circles stamp set, which I stamped in Jet black and then die cut. I combined the thanks with a couple of the sentiments from the Love you so mush stamp set. I just the "so" part of the "love you so" sentiment so I took my scissors to the sentiment and cut the "so" off making it easy to use on its own. However if you do not want to cut your stamps apart then you can use some washi tape to mask off the parts of the sentiment you do not want to stamp or wipe the ink off of the part of the stamp you don't want.
Once I knew what I wanted for the sentiment and had all my pieces for my cards done I again used my tip of placing all of the pieces to see which way I thought they looked best before sticking them down.




Once I was happy with my layout I moved it to the stamp platform and stamped my newly formed "So mush" sentiment where I wanted it.



Next I fixed the 2 tone rectangle to the card and edged the rectangle and the card with the Altenew fine liner.





To finish the cards I stuck the "Thanks!" sentiment onto the two tone rectangles



For the feminine version I put the two tone rectangle in the centre of the card and made it a portrait layout rather than a landscape one.


So my final sets look like this.


I think keeping the same colours and stamp sets has made the sets both look nice and cohesive. It also shows how just few stamp sets can be used in many different ways.


My masculine set:






And my feminine set:



Now for the packaging I have made a little video to show how I brought these together recycling packaging from my Altenew stamps and a cardboard box :)






I have really enjoyed this challenge and trying to think outside of the box for the designs and packaging. I hope you like what I have created and feel inspired. I have learned so much from doing this Level 1 and am looking forward to hopefully taking on level 2. If you would like to have a go at the the AECP yourself then you can find out all the details HERE.


Huge hugs to you all


Amy xx





2 comments:

  1. What fabulous sets Amy - well done! Love your CAS layouts and the great inking you did
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun card sets! I like the colors you chose for both of your sets and the layouts as well. even though the cards of both sets are very similar looking, the way you have placed the elements and the colors you have chosen have truly made this a masculine and a feminine set, bravo. I would have really liked some more work on the packaging :) I know you could have really put this together to go with the cards. Thank you so much for your submission! I will be emailing you shortly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment.

Huge hugs
Amy xx